Victims and Survivors Service
On the 1st December 2020, the Victims and Survivors Service (VSS) launched a new service dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of survivors of Historical Institutional Abuse.
The VSS are working in partnership with the WAVE Trauma Centre and Advice NI to deliver a range of support and services regionally across NI. They will also ensure that survivors who are now living outside of NI have access to the support and services that they need.
This will include dedicated health and wellbeing caseworker support, counselling, complementary therapies, disability aids, persistent pain and a range of other social and welfare support.
The Commissioner’s office will review, monitor and support the VSS in providing the best possible services to survivors of historical institutional childhood abuse.
This service can be accessed from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, by phoning 028 9031 1678 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can be found at: www.victimsservice.org/historical-institutional-abuse-hia(external link opens in a new window / tab).
The Victims and Survivors Service offers support and assistance in the following areas:
- Health and Wellbeing, including pain management, disability aids, complementary therapies and psychological supports.
- Welfare advice and assistance, as well as help engaging with other agencies
- Social Support, including social activities and befriending
- Personal Development, including education and training opportunities or life coaching
- Records searches and information recovery relating to time in care as a child
To find out more information regarding the services outlined above you can visit: www.victimsservice.org/historical-institutional-abuse-hia
Alternatively you can contact the Victims and Survivors Service by phoning 028 9031 1678 or emailing email@example.com
Wave Trauma Centre
The services above may be delivered through the WAVE Trauma Centre. Victims and Survivors can contact WAVE directly to access their services.
You can contact WAVE on 028 8225 2522.