Records searches and information recovery


Records can be retrieved by submitting a Subject Access Request to the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) requesting an individual’s own information.

The best way to identify if PRONI holds information for an institution on a particular date is to check the PRONI catalogue.

For additional information or assistance with retrieving records, online enquiries can be submitted to PRONI here

Victims and Survivors Service

For help with records searches and information recovery relating to time in care as a child you can also contact the Victims and Survivors Service or by phoning 028 9031 1678.