While the Commissioner does not provide services and facilities, we can give you information on how to access services.
The Commissioner has a duty to encourage the provision and co-ordination of relevant services in Northern Ireland. These are services that:
- improve physical or mental health
- help to overcome addiction
- provide counselling
- improve literacy or numeracy
- provide other education and training or enable a person to access opportunities to work.
The Commissioner must also monitor facilities currently available in Northern Ireland provide Victims and Survivors with:
- counselling and supplementary information about how to access health services
- housing services
- education services or employment services
- help to improve literacy or numeracy
or advice on opportunities for education or work or on entitlements to housing or social security benefits.