Reporting Historical Institutional Childhood Abuse

If you are considering making a report of historical institutional childhood abuse there are a number of different options available to you.

  • You can call the police at 101 and ask to speak to a member of the PSNI’s Central Referral Unit (CRU)
  • You can also call the police at 101 and ask to speak to a member of the Historical Child Abuse Team. This is a specialist team within the PSNI that is dedicated to historical abuse investigations. They can provide information on the investigative process and are trained to deal appropriately and sensitively with the difficulties you may face when you are considering making a report to police. They can also provide information about other support agencies to help you if required
  • Alternatively you can make contact by email on  

These contact details may also be used by anyone or any organisation who wishes to report historical abuse crimes on behalf of a victim or survivor.